[Bf-scripts-dev] Re: [Bf-scripts-cvs] Where is the bf-scripts-cvs "how to" ?

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Sat Oct 9 21:50:29 CEST 2004

Hi Jean-Michel and all,

There's info about cvs and ssh keys here:
https://projects.blender.org/cvsx/?group_id=63

Also feel free to ask any question about it here.  I'll write a little
more to complement the info in the above link.

 From personal experience: cvs can look confusing / complex and before
we get used to it, there's the fear of  making some mistake and messing
with the online repository.  But it's actually a trivial tool to use,
pretty trivial for basic developer work: checkouts, updates and commits.

CVS is primarily a command-line tool, but there are wrappers with nice
guis for it if you prefer.  On linux I prefer command-line directly, but
on win I've used both WinCVS and now TortoiseCVS, which I recommend.

As they say, Tortoise integrates nicely with Explorer, you just have to
create a dir where your cvs repositories will be and inside it
right-click and choose "CVS Checkout...".  Then fill the needed info
that you can find in the link above:

Protocol: Secure shell (:ext:)
Server: cvs.blender.org
Repository folder: /your local dir for cvs/bf-scripts
User name: your login at projects.blender
Module: scripts

In the last tab choose unix line endings.  The other parameters are ok.
This is a checkout, your local copy will be created.  After this, you'll
just have to update and commit your changes when you have them (a window
pops up on commits showing you all that will be changed, for
confirmation and for you to write the commit log).  The right-click menu
has all the options you'll need.

--
Willian