[Bf-python] How to change a *VectorProperty size?

Goncalo Morgado goncalo.magno at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 15:37:07 CEST 2019

Hello,

Quick question on VectorProperty's:

I've created a scene property named a:
bpy.types.Scene.a = bpy.props.IntVectorProperty(
    name='a',
    description="Frequencies",
    size=2,
    default=[1, 2]
)

And now I would like to update it's size dynamically.
The idea is to have a panel showing an array of integers which length and
values the user would change.

I can probably get away with deleting the property and creating a new one
with the same name, with the new size. If that's the only solution, and
since my IntVectorProperty actually belongs to a PropertyGroup, how would I
be able to delete the IntVectorProperty and create a new one inside the
PropertyGroup?

I hope this makes sense, let me know if you find the question confusing.

Thanks in advance,
Gonçalo