[Bf-python] bpy.types.macro - use cases

James Crowther jamesharrycrowther at gmail.com
Mon May 1 04:25:30 CEST 2017

Hi there,
	After spending some time researching the bpy.types.macro class both in the api an on blender stack exchange, I’m keen to learn more about macros, the code I have found suggests that it can be used to group operators together into a single operation (ref blender stack exchange - > https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/60385/macro-operator-children-are-not-called-from-python <https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/60385/macro-operator-children-are-not-called-from-python>). But the blender python api really doesn’t give information on what the use case for macros are. Things like modal operators overriding context are well explains, but macros seem to be a bit secretive! It would be great to see some more informative documentation on the subject. Since it appears that others (see the webpage link above) are finding it difficult to get even basic examples to work as desired. If someone could give a quick introduction to macros and what they are best used for, it would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

James