[Bf-python] Aerodynamics plugin

Wouter Remmerie info at airshaper.com
Thu May 12 09:55:57 CEST 2016

Dear people of Blender,

AirShaper.com is my startup, which is currently in a prototype phase:
you can upload an stl file, and the aerodynamics will be calculated and
reported automatically some time later. Feel free to subscribe and have a
go at it!

I'm still in the phase where I need to define my target market, and
currently I am leaning towards the B2C market:
making it easy for every designer to improve the aerodynamics of their
design.
Think of 10-25-100€ pricing for a calculation, depending on the accuracy.

Therefore, I would greatly appreciate your feedback on the following:
- would a B2C aerodynamics tool make sense? Are there enough hobbyists &
passionate designers that will use it?
- would it be a useful option to implement a plugin for blender, so people
can analyse their design directly from within blender?
A first API approach is documented at api.airshaper.com
- to differentiate AirShaper from more engineering-like packages (which
typically use ParaviewWeb), I'm thinking to implement better rendering
techniques.
An idea would be to use x3d files as the basis, and x3dom as the web
renderer. Would that make sense?
Are there possible links to blender to enhance web based rendering?

I am very strongly looking forward to your feedback!
And I'm based in Belgium, so if needed, I could travel to Amsterdam to
discuss this with you in person.

Many thanks,

Wouter Remmerie
AirShaper.com - Founder