[Bf-python] Some bpy.types Custom Properties Are Read-Only

Khalifa Lame khalibloo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 13:08:35 CEST 2016

Hi. I need assign custom properties to mesh vertices, edges and faces. It
doesn't throw any errors on creation of the custom props, but after they've
been created, they don't behave as one would expect. They are read-only
tuples rather than bpy.props.IntProperty() for example.

For comparison, here's the normal behavior of a custom property

Here's what I get on certain bpy.types

​An unusable tuple!

And if I try to assign a value, I get

​

Is there a reason for this? Is there a known workaround or hack? I really
do need to store custom props on vertices, edges, faces and vertex groups.
​

--
khalibloo®