[Bf-python] Adding removed python modules for a test.

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Wed Jan 14 09:29:49 CET 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 11:01:16PM -0500, Jorge Pareja wrote:
> I am interested in adding the removed python modules back in,
> atleast localy on my system.  My local, default, install of Python
> is 2.7.9 and I cant upgrade just yet, it is currently required by
> other software I need to use.
>
> What is the best way to get the full Python 3.4 release with all
> default packages, aside from installing it on my system which would
> break my 2.7.9 version, into Blender 2.73?

You can install different versions of Python next to each other,
without breaking anything. You can have Python 2.7 in C:\Python27 and
Python 3.4 in C:\Python34. As a matter of fact, the installers already
do this, so you have to actively change things to mess up.

> So I am assuming I will need to build something from sources which I
> have already downloaded both Blender and Python sources.  Another
> question is... Do I have to use Python 3.4.0 or can I use 3.4.2?

You don't have to get the Blender sources in order to just install
some Python packages. Just install them as normal for your system,
then copy them into Blender's own Python directory.

It probably won't matter whether you install 3.4.0 or 3.4.2, but if
you want to be 100% sure, pick the one that's used by the version of
Blender you're using.

--
Sybren A. Stüvel

http://stuvelfoto.nl/