[Bf-python] Override drawing of object with python

Brian Savery brian.savery at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 05:39:42 CET 2015

Is there a way to override the drawing of an object for the view3d? (using
python)  I have a renderengine addon that has some extended light shapes
for example disk and cylindrical area light shapes.  Is there a way I could
make the drawing of the lights for the the view3d using bgl a disk or
cylinder?

Best I found so far was to add a draw handler and draw the light with the
corresponding shape.  However, then you still have the original drawing of
the area light present as well.  Another option would be turning of draw
visibility on the light but then it can't be selected.

Thanks!
Brian