[Bf-python] Scale in object_mode loss edges length

Giuseppe De Marco demarcog83 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 11:33:34 CEST 2015

> From: Jenny <caretdashcaret at gmail.com>

> Take a look at `Apply Object transformations`:
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/3D_interaction/Transform_Control/Reset_Object_Transformations

Thank you, never seen it before ! Very exaustive.

> For scaling, after you scale, you can call:
> bpy.ops.object.transform_apply(location=False, rotation=False, scale=True)

Ok, this is the method that apply transformation as the UI. I saw in
API and tested it in console without knowing conceptually what it
really does.

> I don't think it's great to intercept keystrokes. I think the reason why people might be frustrated (why scaling in Object mode doesn't behave as they expect) comes from a lack of understanding of how the tools work.

You're right, together with the possibility that a user could
customize his shortcuts in every moment.
First of all I learned how to apply the transformation in object mode,
this is very important.

But, talking in python, if a day there will be the need to know this,
how to call, from pycode, the mouse pointer with the pivot point for
configuring the desidered value ? ... As the scale UI function does.
How to call the scale function, from console, in a way that it's as we
called it from UI.