[Bf-python] Getting started with PyNodes

H Petrus haigpetrus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 19:08:33 CET 2014

Thanks, Sergey.  Already found them this morning and am still dissecting
them.

I integrated my own RIB exporter into Blender and learned about
Blender's Python API through that experience.  Now, I want to create a
*feature complete* node set for the creation and integration of Ri
Shaders in accordance with the still beta RMan Server 19 (lots and lots
have changed in the spec).

 From that experience - which is no doubt going to take a good deal of
effort - I hope to have acquired the chops in order to tackle the
'node-ification' of Blender Objects and Data.  This would include
constraints, modifiers, math nodes, geometry data, transform data, etc.
all exposed in nodes.  My reasons are primarily for rigging, as well as
node-based procedural particles and simulations, but the system *should*
be open enough for anyone to create custom nodes for any data structure
available in bpy and manipulate it.

No doubt, I'm going to hit a few brick walls.  Let me know if you have
any warnings I should be aware of at this time.  And pray for me and my
sanity ;)

--Haig