[Bf-python] Accessing objects for render operation

Khalifa Lame khalibloo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 20:52:52 CEST 2014

Exporting the mesh might not be an option in my situation. I'd like my
renderer to be able to draw on the viewport in real time. Exporting and
then reading back the data would be too slow for this.
The renderer is being designed to make use of the bgl module, so all of its
work is done within the blender application.

I can't find any good example that seems to fit my approach. cycles doesn't
depend on the python API; luxrender and co use exporters, since they don't
have any real time features.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 7:41 PM, Jeremy Bayley <jbayleyvisuals at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If you are trying to get you assets without exporting it might not be
> possible to do in a simple way. For example if you have modifiers on an
> object and you try to link that object to another project the modifiers are
> ignored. So if you don't use export you will probably have the same issue
> trying to send data to an external render without doing system level coding.
>
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Khalifa Lame <khalibloo at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> How does one retrieve the final (with all modifiers applied) vertex/face
>> information from objects in a blender scene? I wish feed the info into an
>> external renderer.
>>
>> It would also be nice if it worked with curves/nurbs/meta and so on.
>>
>> --
>> khalibloo®

khalibloo®