[Bf-python] Including IO in a python script.

Daniel Monteiro Basso danielmbasso at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 14:46:45 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Atomic Perception <
atomicperception at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...] where the end user has not enabled an AddOn that I am including.

I'm not sure if I've completely understood your question, but for the case
you have a dependency on another addon, I suggest you just display a
message for the user to take action. For instance:

try:
    bpy.ops.import_anim.amc(
        filepath=self.local_file,
        frame_skip=cml.frame_skip)
except AttributeError:
    self.report({'ERROR'}, "To use this feature please "
        "enable the Acclaim ASF/AMC Importer addon.")

This snippet is from the cmu_mocap_lib addon.

Cheers,

Daniel