[Bf-python] The road to deprecation

Daniel Monteiro Basso danielmbasso at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 17:38:00 CET 2014

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Sybren A. Stüvel <sybren at stuvel.eu> wrote:

> An animation importer could have a use for writing to frame_current.
> Since it only imports data, it may be independent of the already
> existing data, hence a full scene update is not needed.

Scene.set_frame(x, update=False)

> Personally, I think this would be a good enough use case to not deprecate
> writing to
> frame_current.

>From the Zen of Python (`import this`):
- Explicit is better than implicit.
- Special cases aren't special enough to break the rules.
- In the face of ambiguity, refuse the temptation to guess.
- There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.

So I wholeheartedly agree with deprecating frame_current and incorporating
its behavior into set_frame.

Cheers,
Daniel