[Bf-python] thesis project

gerrard symons ice_that_burns at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 20 23:53:49 CEST 2012

Hi,

That's a very interesting project!

If you can create vertex groups for the model, one for each part that will need to be changed, example; eyes, forearm, chin, nose, etc. that would be one approach for Blender changing the avatar. Perhaps even making each part of the avatar a seperate object, whereby you can scale the different parts of the body along their local coordinates - for this, you'd have to make sure the origin of the different parts are in the right places as to not cause overlapping and such, and scale from the origin point. Or maybe even a combination of seperate parts with their own vertex groups for further control.

As for connecting your software to Blender, you could send commands from your software to Blender via the Console. I don't have any experience in that area, and there might be a better way, but that's all I can think of for now.

I hope you find the advice you need and wish you all the best with your project!

Aaron