[Bf-python] multi ray cast proposal

Kesten Broughton solarmobiletrailers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 20:41:15 CET 2011

Hi Dima,

I agree on the call-back approach,
That's what the bullet engine does, so it might be possible to piggy back
on them.

You mentioned not being sure if a step-and-move-forward would be accurate
enough for you.  What sort of cases are you applying ray casting to?

So can i sign you up for writing some python test scripts if i'm able to
expose the new functionality?  It will probably take a month or so as i've
got a full plate right now.

kesten

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Dima Glibitsky <dima.glib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 5:49 AM, Kesten Broughton
> <solarmobiletrailers at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dima, are you still working on the multi-raycast idea?
>
> Unfortunately, I'm requesting rather than working on it :-) My
> proposal was about non-interactive raycasting (e.g. for modeling
> scripts), but having such feature in game engine would be nice too. In
> my opinion, providing a python callback to raycast function would be
> the almost all-around best solution to custom raycast queries.

Kesten Broughton
President and Technology Director,
Solar Mobile Trailers
kesten at solarmobiletrailers.com