[Bf-python] RenderEngine API - fractional frame

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Mon Jul 25 00:43:16 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Nicholas Yue <yue.nicholas at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 15/07/11 3:41 PM, Matt Ebb wrote:
> >
> > Hopefully your engine should be called only once.
> OK, sorted.
>
> Now, after I call frame_set(integer_frame,fractional frame) do I have to
> call something else to 'update' the scene, simulation etc.
>
> I ask because, in the viewport, I can see it drawing at fractional
> position but when I query the bpy data, the values it returns are from
> the integer frame, not the fractional frame as set by frame_set()

Great - what sort of data are you querying? As I mentioned before some
simulation data (especially hair) doesn't seem to play nicely with
fractional frames or the rna/python API. I guess you can test if this is the
case by animating a cube or something, and checking its location values on
the subframe intervals, vs. whatever simulation data you're looking for.

If this is the case and you can narrow down what particular simulation data
in question is not giving subframe values, it'll make it easier to file a
bug report.

cheers

Matt