[Bf-python] going form head/tail/roll to matrix formula?

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefac.org
Mon Feb 14 23:24:15 CET 2011

Hey pythoneers, riggers
was hoping someone could help with this:

In 2.49 we could write in python to the bone matrix- made doing
transforms very easy.

In 2.5 this is now read only (no problem-lets convert to head/tail/roll
and write those) but going from the matrix to head/tail/roll (or back)
is something I have not been able to figure out.

There must be a set of formulas for this, so if anybody knows, please
reply here.

suggestion: a utility function in geometry module might be nice.

Thanks
Bassam