[Bf-python] a direct x importer addon for 2.6x (armature support)

jerome jerome.le.chat at free.fr
Mon Dec 26 21:42:57 CET 2011

hi,

the .x file importer has now support for armatures and parent-childs
relationships importation.
download and info :
https://github.com/littleneo/directX_blender/wiki

you need to enable the 'experimental blah' checkbox in the importer
options for armatures/empties, and relation-ship importation.
once the script has finished its job, mesh objects need to be parented
'by hand' using alt-p > Armature Deform or an Armature modifier.
(vertices weights are ready)

Campbell please let me know for naming convention, it's ok according to me.
Thanks for feedback and .x files you'd like to share to improve this.

wish you the best,

Jerome