[Bf-python] BlenderPython Sunday Meeting Report

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:43:37 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 3:37 AM, Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com
<zanqdo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Criteria not to accept scripts:
>
> - viruses, etc.
> - features overlapping with internal features
> - conflicts with internal operators
+1

> Criteria before going to trunk:
>
> - pep8 compliant
> - wiki page
> - unittest for imp/exp
+1 in principle that we _should_ do thsi but not sure if this is
making our requirements too hight - we may loose contributors from
this?

Perhaps the requirement can be that these are done before next release
or removal?, not sure how best to ensure this.

> Scripts currently failing to load in SVN:
>
> Cursor Control
> Cursor History
> Cursor Memory
> API Navigator
>
> Scripts that fail to work in SVN:
>
> Reload Text Datablock if Modified
^, seems like something that should be built into blender or not at all.

> Other Notes:
>
> IvyGen, move to Toolbar (not 3D view / Add / Curve), truman will do tomorrow
>
> hotkeys seem to work much better now, kudos to brecht
>
> Steps to take next month:
>
> - Proposal to add a "Under Maintenance" flag for scripts that break
> due to API changes. Avoids unnecessary moving out of trunk while
> visually communicating the broken status by graying them out or
> changing color in the addons list
+1, moving scripts back and fourth is no fun. perhaps could hide these
on release builds?

> - Create a post at BA to call for files used in an imp/exp test bed.
> Also ask for a user to document rigify and ask for impressive examples
> of script usages for documentation.
Great! this would help a lot, I can assist with working out what
examples are needed for each formats, since I have setup ctest for
quite a few already, would also like to be involved with the initial
request on BA- could draft be posted on this list or a wiki link? -
there are some requirements Id like to suggest.

> - Proposal to split Import/Export category in two
-1, internally can see why this might make sense in some cases but
from user POV I think this is just annoying and too fine grained
control.

--
- Campbell