[Bf-python] setting raw RGBA string buffer on image (not BGE)

Goat Man goatman.py at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 03:02:07 CEST 2010

I see in the link below that a raw string buffer can be set using the
VideoTexture module from BGE.  Is there a way to do this outside of BGE, in
normal Blender?  I am trying to connect live generated effects from OpenCV
to a texture/image, i am trying to avoid saving the generated image to the
hard drive and then calling the image to update.  SetPixelI is gone from the
new API, although that wouldn't be ideal either because i would have to loop
through all the pixels and set them.

As a workaround is it possible to use the image.bindcode (if it is nonzero)
and then use bgl to manually bind my RGBA data to that bindcode?

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Source/GameEngine/2.49/VideoTexture#Advanced_work_flow

-brett