[Bf-python] Point clouds

Kris Nackaerts knackaerts at gmx.net
Thu Mar 25 16:34:54 CET 2010

In my case, I have a point cloud extracted from aerial imaging based on an unmanned platform. I'm actually first of all interested in visualisation of the point cloud so I can show it to third parties.

A static visualisation of such cloud does not tell the whole story (30%). A 3D animation does show up the full potential of such data.

Next step is tesselation/information extraction.

I do have color information per point, but do not use this yet. With dupliverts, I don't think one could use it, since you just copy one object to all points. On the other hand, 50k points runs very smoothly in this way.

Kris

-------- Original-Nachricht --------