[Bf-python] Blender 3D Interface

Nery Chucuy idesisnery at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 06:01:21 CEST 2009

2009/10/9 TERRY ALSTON <talston117 at verizon.net>

> Greetings,
>
> I am a user of Blender 3D and now I want to learn Python so that I can
> create plug-ins for Blender.

If you are interested principally in Python for Blender I recommend you to
visit this link:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Advanced_Tutorials/Python_Scripting/Export_scripts

And btw, with Python you can create scripts not plugins, that's another
topic.

> I've begun to search for books and Python programming tutorials on the
> internet, and gain some understanding of the IDE, but I'm curious about how
> the user interface is created.
>
> Is it constructed with Python, in the IDE, or is it constructed with a tool
> such as GTK Builder/ Glade 3.0 or Microsoft Visual Basic?

If you mean GUI for python in general, you can use things like TKInter (
http://wiki.python.org/moin/TkInter). But in Blender GUI is completely done
in OpenGL.

Regards,

Nery Chucuy (idesisnery)