[Bf-python] Remote IPython & PyCrust Shell for Blender

Willian Padovani Germano wpgermano at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 21:07:42 CET 2008

Hi,

Didn't read Dietrich's patch, but I checked the discussion on the patch
tracker and the official page. Indeed looks like an interesting
candidate, but I agree with others about the need to have a clean patch,
specially if a branch is used for further developments.

http://formgames.org/blender/command-port/
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=6887&group_id=9&atid=127

Anyway, the main issue now (as usual) is the upcoming events refactor in
Blender. It would be wiser to wait a little more before coding anything
non trivial, because things will change considerably and we have chance
to come up with better / cleaner ways to interface with Blender data.

For now I suggest you guys directly interested in scripting Blender via
external apps to create a basic plan, detailing what you need to have,
preferred methods (sockets, simple signals, etc.). A page in our bpython
dev section in the wiki would be ideal for this, but as a start one of
you could write something here and the others could add to it, then we
put the results in the wiki.

--
Willian