[Bf-python] Remote IPython & PyCrust Shell for Blender

Theo de Ridder theo.de.ridder at planet.nl
Tue Mar 18 10:30:52 CET 2008

Indeed, we talked about this 2 years ago.
At that time I have tried all sorts of tricks in my blendit(tor)
with faking and mapping timer events on other events.
Finally it is not threads (I don't like them) but the right set
of asynchronous event handlers which are now far too
primitive in Blender.

For the moment there is another quite clean approach:
let Blender run in a looping frame animation,
and use the framechange as a timer;
during such a loop you can just do all the editing
in Blender with real time visual feedbacks,
its not hard real time but
good and asynchronous enough for a lot of
asynchronous socket usage.

Theo