[Bf-python] Text Editor Project and BPyTextPlugin

Ian Thompson quornian at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 22 11:18:33 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am working on the text editor in Blender and have produced a system
of scripts to ease python development in Blender. The system works
around a BPy module, namely BPyTextPlugin. If possible I would like to
get some feedback on the implementation of this module.

A topic of concern was that it caches results inside the module.
However, I was careful not to include pointers to any Blender objects
(which may become invalid). The only external pointers are to modules
imported by the system. If you have any questions, please reply here
or email, or catch me on IRC (I'm "quorn").

The BPyTextPlugin module can be found here:
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/soc-2008-quorn/release/scripts/bpymodules/BPyTextPlugin.py

With example scripts (starting "textplugin_") found here:
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/soc-2008-quorn/release/scripts/

Note that to run these scripts you will need a recent build of my
soc-2008-quorn branch. Alternatively there is a video of the features
available here (and a little more information):
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Quorn/SummerOfCode2008

I look forward to hearing your opinion.

Ian