[Bf-python] Py Drivers - Possible feature enhancement.

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 18:00:27 CET 2007

--- Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems we disagree on what a complex operation is
> :)

Probably not as much as you think. :)

> IMHO - referencing an object or bone should be a
> simple operation, since its
> already simple in the user interface, and a very
> common thing to do.
> Cessen has requested this kind of functionality more
> then once, often he
> wants bones to drive somthing and the difference in
> rotation/scale/location
> are not in themselves that complex once you have
> both posebones.

Absolutely agree. What I'm suggesting is writing such
functions (like obBone(objectname, bonename) you
talked about earlier) in a BPyDriver module and have
it autoimported in pydrivers, so people can use them
instead of doing the work themselves.

I would say any operation that uses the same
subexpression more than once is "complex". So, if you
want to have a mix between rot and loc for the same
bone (or something like that), it'd say it starts been
more complex (you'd have to end up fetching the same
bone twice, to make up the expression). Anything which
would require a ternary operator, same thing.

Martin