[Bf-python] More Proposed API changes.

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Mon Mar 12 22:59:17 CET 2007

Toni Alatalo wrote:
> i am concerned about having the module auto-imported though. "explicit
> is better than implicit". nothing like that is usually automagically
> 'there' in python. admittedly, as bpy is embedded, it makes sense that

<snip>

Although I'm not strongly passionate about it, I'm against
auto-import too. If we ever get to a point that we
can load a Blender module outside of a Blender executable
as a module in a regular python interpreter (i.e., if Blender
is ever broken up into a shared graphics library or libraries)
then this sloppy auto-import will be a hindrance since a lot
of potentially usable scripts will be broken.

I know this is a lofty goal, but it's better to think of
such things earlier rather than later. I'd rather
add the extra "import bpy" line and be safe.

Chris