[Bf-python] scripts to remove before release (take 2)

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sun Jan 28 17:09:36 CET 2007

Heres a list of scripts I think should be removed before 2.43 release.

Note, Im not saying these scripts are not usefull in certain cases, just
that blender built in tools now replace the need for the scripts for
most users.

Of course if people want they can continue to use and maintain these
scripts outside Blenders CVS.

disp-paint.py
* We now have a displacement modifier that can do fairly advanced stuff.
not to mention sculpt mode that will be used for painting displacement.

uvpainter.py
* Baking is best used to write vertex colors to an image.

knife.py
* Old slow code, loose Multi-UV's, We now have a knife tool that has snap!

armature_empties2armature.py
* Was made when BVH importer could not improt direct to armature
* Resulting animation has visible errors
* errors have been known about for a long time and not fixed.

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street
Geelong West, Victoria 3218 Australia