[Bf-python] Armature woes

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz at gmx.net
Wed Jan 24 14:22:48 CET 2007

Hi!

I am again hacking a bit on my not-very-mature ASF importer. It imports
Acclaim skeleton files, and will in the future even maybe import the
accompanying AMC motion files. However I have a problem. The ASF defines
names for bones, as does my script. These names get lost however, and I do
not know why. Maybe someone can take a look at my script, why this happens?

The ASF file has entries like this for each bone:

  begin
     id 15
     name upperneck
     direction -0.02953 0.998556 -0.0448842
     length 1.44709
     axis 0 0 0   XYZ
    dof rx ry rz
    limits (-20.0 45.0)
           (-30.0 30.0)
           (-30.0 30.0)
  end

I scan for the "name" entry and set the name of the current bone. This however
gets lost after the importer has finished. Any ideas?

Arne

--
Dipl.-Inform. Arne Schmitz              Phone   +49 (0)241 80-21817
Computer Graphics Group                 Fax     +49 (0)241 80-22899