[Bf-python] error handling attempt for posekey inserts

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Jan 16 11:47:17 CET 2007

Toni Alatalo kirjoitti:
> antont (Toni Alatalo) 2007/01/15 17:00:37 CET
>     blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Object.c
>   error checking is still needed and more testing too. But at least is <http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/Object.c.diff?r1=1.242&r2=1.243&cvsroot=bf-blender>

i tried to add error handling but failed so far, have to move to other
work now so can not finish - dunno why my checks are failing, tried
figuring out with debug prints but they came out as garbage for some
reason which did not make it easier :o

if someone happens to have time now to fix and apply this before release
that might still be possible, otherwise postponed to later .. i tested
the funcs and they work, just the error handling not yet.

the patch is at http://an.org/blender/posekey-errorhandling.diff and
attached here. i left the debug prints in place thinking they'd help
fixing/verifying the error checking / input data validation.

~Toni

P.S. when testing these with the ED walktest.blends it appeared that
pose.fromAction(act, framenum) is not included in the version of the
pypose type in BF now - i had it in my earlier Pose type before
Joseph/ascotan made another one (mainly targeting exporting, & exposing
blender data, whereas my need was being able to use blender anim data
simply from py utilizing existing blender things (there is a simple c
func it called, extract_pose_from_action). so that is one area to look
at in further dev, whether that method could be just added back to Pose,
or if it'd make more sense somewhere else, or is there already something
in the current api with what you can do the same thing nicely (drive
animations with py, basically). i suppose Roland / harkyman has views on
this as BlenderPeople does that kind of things I think.