[Bf-python] Mesh Colors

Levi levischooley at eaglecom.net
Wed Sep 27 20:33:41 CEST 2006

> But this let be to wonder what the alpha
> value did. as far as I can tell its only
> ever used for the vertex paint code to work
> woth soft brushes (verts that are further
> away get a lower alpha), nowhere else can I
> see it being used.
> Could we remove access to the alpha value
> since (AFAIK) it has no practicle use?

Hehe, way to open a firing squad on yourself! :)

Anyway, I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. You can use the vertex
alpha values in the game engine. I've used it to create a type of
multi-texturing that isn't possible otherwise. Until we are able
to manipulate the alpha values from within Blender, the only way
to set them has been through python.

In this case, I would recommend that you leave them alone. ;)

Thanks!
Levi