[Bf-python] Re: ID Properties and python hook scripts

Emanuel Greisen blender at emanuelgreisen.dk
Wed Oct 11 14:15:13 CEST 2006

How about using the normal trust-chain system, then you can add new
root-certificates, but you can also have some company/person/what-ever
endorsed with the trust of the BF-team. That is much more like digitally
signing in the sence we know it from applets, and other secure content
on the web.

Consider loading a script that is digitally signed and a pop-up appears:
Do you trust "Blip Blop Corp.", "yes", "no", "always". And then one day,
"Blip Blop Corp." gets a certificate by "BF" so from now on, their
scripts will be "auto-trusted".

Please not "Blip Blop Corp." might not be commercial, it might just be a
group of developers, one developer, etc. etc.

That should also give the oppotunity for a revoke-list, not quite sure
how they work though, but they exist.

Pro: This is commonly used (and there are many tools for it).

Con: We might end up with certificate-expiration-issues....