[Bf-python] Ipo/IpoCurve API revisited

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Fri Mar 17 02:28:02 CET 2006

Ken Hughes wrote:
> AFAIK, none of the changes I'm adding break backward compatibility.  Or,
> if they do, they aren't *supposed to* be breaking it.  In the
> documentation I'm marking various methods as being deprecated, but I'm
> not attempting to remove them or change what they do.

Oops, spoke too soon.  I did break some backward compatibility, which I
will reimplement/unimplement, related to Ipos with texture channels.
For example, if you do "print ipo.getCurves()" on an Ipo which had more
than one texture channel with the same curve (say "Col"), it outputs
something like this:

[[IpoCurve "G"], [IpoCurve "B"], [IpoCurve "Col"], [IpoCurve "R"],
[IpoCurve "Col"]]

There is no way to tell which Col curve belongs to which texture
channel, unless the user knows the order they were added to the Ipo in
the Blender UI.  (Note: there is also no way in the current API to add a
  curve to an arbitrary texture channel).

I'll leave this behavior since the new API extensions allow ways to
specify texture channels for Ipos which support them.

Ken