[Bf-python] Another Mesh question

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Fri Mar 3 15:24:57 CET 2006

Ken Hughes wrote:
> Chris Want wrote:
>
>> Next question: How does an MCol work?
>> Trying to add vertex colors to a face,
>> and I don't see a constructor for an
>> MCol (if I try to add ordinary tuples to
>> f.col to represent the colors it
>> complains that I'm not using MCol's).
>

> Actually I have an alternative question for the list: is the new API
> going to have constructors for all types?  If not, how do we decide
> which types do have constructors?
>
> Maybe a better question is: what is happening with design of the new
> API?  It doesn't seem like the wiki page has changed in over a month,
> and I still don't see anything with specifics on the page?  My yearly
> Blender-dependent project is over with so I have time to devote to
> coding again, but what's the plan I should be following?

I've been using the docs in CVS. Is there a wiki
document I should be looking at instead? Is there
an example that sets vertex colors for a face?
Grepping release/scripts/*.py yeilds nothing.

The one thing I don't like having to do is rewriting
my scripts because of API changes, so if adding constructors
means rewriting, then I'm against it. Also, if adding
constructors slows things down, I'm against it -- I
like that this module was built for speed. Really,
I think all that's needed is some more clear examples.

Just my opinion as an end user.

Chris