[Bf-python] [bundle scripts] google earth kml/kmz importer

jmsoler at free.fr jmsoler at free.fr
Sun Jun 25 10:45:11 CEST 2006

Selon Willian Padovani Germano <wgermano at superig.com.br>:

> Hi jms,
>
> jean-michel soler wrote:
> > This script needs the zipfile.py module . It could be added to the
> > python24.zip file
> > or the current cvs version could be replaced by the new : 0.1.7,
> > version available
> > on my site :
> >
> > http://jmsoler.free.fr/util/blenderfile/py/kmz_ImportWithMesh_Z017.py
>
> I checked what would be needed to include zipfile.py. Most involved
> modules should already be part of Windows Blender, except for: zipfile,
> py_compile and traceback, unless I skipped something.
>
> So there should be no trouble including these if they're needed. Just to
> confirm, do you need the extra modules even for your updated version?
>
> Looking at your updated file, it seems to include zipfile code itself
> (from what I recall, looked at it a week ago) and still needs py_compile
> because of that, so it seems better to include the 3 missing modules in
> Python24.zip.
>
> --
> Willian

on win32 The 017 version with the included zipfile
was already  used by a few users which do not have
installed a complet python  and it seems to
work fine  without these others modules  (there was
a thread about  these tests on  blenderartists/elysiun
but it was removed  yesterday without any explanation
of the webmaster or moderator).

py_compile seems to be only used in the write function
of the  class PyZipFile and traceback is called by
py_complie. If this class is removed (only used to
create ZIP archives with Python library files and
packages and we do not need of this), the
script can work without any problem .

In a moment, I could post a 0.1.8 a modified version
of my script without this class and  we do not need
to modify the python24.zip  file .

jms .