[Bf-python] channels and Ipos and actions?

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Sat Jun 3 18:51:04 CEST 2006

Pardon my lack of short-term memory (and exactly how "short" is STM?  a
week? 5 minutes?) but someone on IRC asked the other day about adding or
channels Ipos to actions thru the API and I said I didn't think there
was a direct way to do it.  Which got me looking at the Action API and
seeing it is pretty sparse; I think Joseph mentioned that.

So, what's missing from the API?

Also, (for Toni) does any of the Pose/Action/ActionStrip/NLA stuff which
was added to the Object API for Orange belong elsewhere?  I glanced at
the code and methods last night while I was documenting Object and see
names like ob.copyNLA(), ob. convertActionToStrip(),
ob.bake_to_action()**, etc., but didn't really stop to think what they do.

OK, was out of decaf coffee this morning so I'm running on 100%
caffiene.  And now have to go paint trim.  This is not going to be easy....

Ken

** ed note.: bake_to_action() doesn't take any parameters, not even
self; should it be a module function like Object.BakeToAction() instead?