[Bf-python] removing scripts...

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sat Jul 29 19:39:50 CEST 2006

jean-michel soler wrote:
> jmsoler at free.fr a écrit :
>
>> Selon Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com>:
>>

>>> The texture packing issue...
>>>

>> It seems that you are  also  aware that is just a copy  of the
>> Texture  Baker
>> script with just one or two trivial additionnal functions .
>>
>> The bad pretext  of "bleeding" . I know this problem, I also tested
>> the trivial
>> solution of several copies . I rejected this one because is a heavy
>> ressources
>> consumer . I am working on a light solution but contrary to you I
>> can't do 10
>> corrections in the CVS every days to improve lame scripts .
>>

> About texture packing, I can add this : Campbell is currently  writing
> a bunch of useless  scripts . We don't need of a wire script as, with
> the Texture Baker script,
> the wire  option can be  controlled from the Material Window, we don't
> need a vcol script as the vcol  option can also be  controled from
> the  Material Window ands it
> is the same way for the UV image .
> All this work is useless and, meanwhile, there is  scripts that really
> do not work in the bundle scripts list . The armature_symmetry, for
> instance, I signaled last sunday just before the irc dev' meeting .
wont go into this to much, but the tool I wrote allows you to quicly
make a wire image without messing with your material settings. - Had a
look at UV Export- its written quite well so maybe my script isnt needed.
Having to change material properties, render and change back can be a
hassle- my 4 new tools provide a way to make an image in 1 step.

I rewrote and commited armature_symmetry a few days ago to work with the
new API

How do you intend to impliment Bleeding?

- Cam