[Bf-python] removing scripts...

jean-michel soler jmsoler at free.fr
Sat Jul 29 12:23:57 CEST 2006

jmsoler at free.fr a écrit :

>Selon Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com>:
>

>>The texture packing issue...
>>

>It seems that you are  also  aware that is just a copy  of the Texture  Baker
>script with just one or two trivial additionnal functions .
>
>The bad pretext  of "bleeding" . I know this problem, I also tested the trivial
>solution of several copies . I rejected this one because is a heavy ressources
>consumer . I am working on a light solution but contrary to you I can't do 10
>corrections in the CVS every days to improve lame scripts .

About texture packing, I can add this : Campbell is currently  writing a bunch of
useless  scripts . We don't need of a wire script as, with the Texture Baker script,
the wire  option can be  controlled from the Material Window, we don't need a vcol
script as the vcol  option can also be  controled from the  Material Window ands it
is the same way for the UV image .

All this work is useless and, meanwhile, there is  scripts that really do not work
in the bundle scripts list . The armature_symmetry, for instance, I signaled last
sunday just before the irc dev' meeting .