[Bf-python] removing scripts...

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Jul 26 09:22:49 CEST 2006

jmsoler at free.fr wrote:
> Selon Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com>:
>

>> But just because a functionality isnt available in Blender's internals
>> does not mean we should have a script bundled with it.
>>

> Could you apply this to all your scripts ?
> Could you apply also this to all yours scripts you are sending to the CVS to
> replace unfairly mine ?

The core blender dev's (not me) agree that the state of blenders current
python scripts is realy bad.
This is the CVS - its not set in concreate- if its decieded I add
somthjing I shouldent, it can be removed.

As far as seeing work you have done being rejected or out dated..

C Patches in Blender are submitted that do totaly awesome stuff- people
spend a lot of time on them and sometimes there rejected for reasons
outside the developers controle. (dependencys on other areas of blender,
or areas of blender the patch depends on that needs re-writing)

- I wrote fly mode 3 times and only got it accepted the 3rd time.

We cant just accept everything thats in there, some things need to be
removed and updated, I had a go of your script. and wasnt able to bake
colors with it, though perhaps  I missed something. - I thaught it was
more for getting procedural textures as an image.
Im not suggesting its removed, but we need high standards with scripts.

Id appretiate help from others with cleaning up the scripts dir.

On the UV-Relax note.
My UV relax works well with projected UV coords, brechts built in one
works well with unwrapped coords. 0 still nor reasion enough to keep it
but Ill see if I can fix it for other cases also.

- Cam

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Hope Street