[Bf-python] removing scripts...

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Wed Jul 26 09:02:38 CEST 2006

Toni Alatalo wrote:
> Campbell Barton wrote:
>
>>> 8/ Object : uvcopy  ? very limited use (object to 'exactly' the same
>>> object ,
>>> but why not), with a curious location  why "Object" ? It should be
>>> in UV . very
>>> very short documentation .
>>
>> I didnt write this one. it would be better if it did a locational
>> lookup. with an option for index:index   - for those who  know there
>> meshes are index aligned.
>
> i added that at Orange, was needed there and seemed sensible otherwise
> too - most simple and limited indeed, and could be enchanced like said
> above, but has it's use currently too. IIRC we discussed the menu
> location with Matt/Broken but i dont remember now what the rationale was.

Agree, having it is better then Not having it ;) - and a basic copy
should always be kept.

Perhaps we could have a generic "Data Copier" tool vert cols, materials
images etc.

Id like 3 levels
1) 1:1 index copy - as is now.
2) Locational lookup. (like bone weight copy)
3) Ray/Face lookup, could be funky to do a ray lookup on the other mesh-
that way wed be able to copy between meshes with totaly different
topologies!

Toni- would yo like to work with me on this one? - theres a lot of
benifit in this type of tool.

- Cam

--
Campbell J Barton