[Bf-python] setting/getting "Set" in a scene....

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Mon Jul 3 19:11:21 CEST 2006

malefico andauer wrote:
> Hi Python List !
>
> I found that it's impossible to change the "Set" in a
> given Scene thru Python.
>
> The "Set" is a background scene we can normally use to
> better organize geometry. It's the unlabelled box
> above of "Backbuf" button in Output Panel, in Render
> Buttons.
>
> Now, this would be really useful when managing render
> from Python, since you can have a camera on a main
> scene and just changing the "background" you can have
> many renders of different Scenes using same camera. It
> is more efficient than linking the camera to other
> scenes, since render settings are not changed.
>
> I would really appreciate if a kind Python Guru could
> dedicate a couple of hours to add this functionality
> to the current API, just a couple of "Set/Get"
> functions to change the Set.

I've got some time to kill and can look at this; if it doesn't make it
into 2.42 I'll stick it into the patch tracker so you can patch yourself.

Would this be considered an "API bug"?  Don't want to add it to CVS
prior to 2.42 without consensus, given all the grief I helped cause for
Campbell :-)

Ken