[Bf-python] Proposed BPyAPI Additions.

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Thu Aug 31 19:31:33 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Campbell Barton wrote:
> Hey all, Willian and myself discussed additions to the existing BPython
> API to improve the current API but not break it.

We need more people to participate in the discussions, starting with
object creation (see link below). The API is not defined (.add, .new,
keep .link, etc), we're toying with ideas for *alternatives* (.New() and
.Get() will stay) still. Are iterators a good idea? What about improving
with dict like access, too (ob = scene.objects['name']) ? Etc.

> http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/BPythonAPI/SceneRefactor

also here (check discussions page, too):
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/BPythonAPI/ObjectCreationAPI

(Campbell: moved your discussion at the end to the discussions page)

Ken: will try to talk to you via irc about constants, etc. And with
others. Later a meeting for this might be a good idea, too.

--
Willian