[Bf-python] Proposed BPyAPI Additions.

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Thu Aug 31 07:18:36 CEST 2006

Campbell Barton wrote:
> Hey all, Willain and myself discussed additions to the existing BPython
> API to improve the current API but not break it.
>
> We are looking at adding these before next release, so could people
> review  these changes.
>
> http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/BPythonAPI/SceneRefactor

One thing I disagree with is the constants, partially related to the
Bitfields stuff I was proposing last spring/summer (buried for posterity
here: http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Bitfields ).

Since constants currently are just integers, there is no way within the
API to avoid error by ensuring the user is using the right constant in
the right place (for example, if Mesh.MODE and Object.LOCX have the same
value, they can be used interchangably when they really should not be
allowed to).  I think internally constants need to be represented
differently, plus storing some/linking some context, so this can be done.

Ken