[Bf-python] Adding objects and scenes refactor

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Mon Aug 28 20:06:08 CEST 2006

Hi Campbell,

Campbell Barton wrote:
> Hi Willian
>
> Object.New() never adds data,
> see Object.c line 862
> *object->data = NULL;

Ah yes, sorry, you're right. We can solve that internally -- no API
changes -- easily, moving data creation to (calling EXPP_add_obdata()
in) Object_New(), unless someone has a good reason against it.

> *Removing object data creation directly worries me a bit-

That's just one of the possibilities, as I said I agree there are
situations where this is useful and also that we don't have a good
enough reason here to break compatibility, spedcially if we're just
improving and not rewriting the API.

As we discussed, it seems that having two ways is a good idea:

- the current one(s)
- and a newer (preferred, recommended in docs) where creating an object
already links it and its obdata to a scene.

Thanks for the correction!

--
Willian