[Bf-python] Re: Constraints module

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Fri Apr 28 18:32:30 CEST 2006

Ok, working somewhat from Joseph's Constraint code and from the recent
Modifiers code, I'm going to try putting together a wrapper for
Constraints starting today.  My plan is to start by adding an attribute
called "constraints" to BPy_Object and BPy_PoseBone which is a sequence
wrapper for a BPy_Constaint type.  The BPy_Constraint type will have
"name" and "type" attributes and use a mapping operator [] to get/set
values for each partcular constraint type.  For starters, I'll implement
IK Solver and Action Constraints, then add the rest of the Constaint
types (IK and Action will only be avaibable for PoseBone constraints).

Based on my current understanding of poses/actions/NLAs/constrints
(which is still limited), I haven't looked at the relation of constraint
channel IPOs to this.  I believe this capability is somewhat implemented
through the Armatute.NLA API, but if not I'm not addressing it for now.

I plan to post the initial work to the patch tracker for people to test
and give feedback on, then when it seems stable commit to the tree (or
throw away if it's totally off-base, whatever :) ).

Sound OK?  Comments?

Ken