[Bf-python] Final Ipo/IpoCurve API revisit

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Apr 18 13:20:47 CEST 2006

On Sunday 16 April 2006 21:25, Ken Hughes wrote:
> I'll update the wiki with this info also, but thought I'd poke
> interested parties here (link follows):

thanks for making the page, felt helpful in getting back to this, even tho i
read the emails first .. commented a bit there in what seemed like a
problematic (well, only as in 'not-so-nice') part to me: (copy-paste follows)

ipo[Ipo.MA_R] = BezTriple((0,0,0))

especially the fact that Ipo[MA_R] won't be a BezTriple instance, even though
it seemed that one was assigned there (i understand the logic .. adding a
control point i.e. a beztriple creates a curve and puts they key there, but
it does not change the fact that such an api is weird). Are there
alternatives? Perhaps being able to just assign values, to not have to know
that awkward class name? ipo[channel] = (timeframe, value) ?

> I've run into some issues of practicality and efficiency implementing a
> per-Ipo list/dict of curve constants.  It could be that I don't
> understand a better way to do efficiently.  Hints and tips welcome.

sorry, i have no clue off-hand about that.

> Ken

~Toni