[Bf-python] Final Ipo/IpoCurve API revisit

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Sun Apr 16 20:25:50 CEST 2006

Ken Hughes wrote:
> Gilbert, Joseph T. wrote:
>
>> """ per-Ipo attribute which provides a dict or list of just the
>> constants for that Ipo type"""
>> I like this idea but with constants. Remember that if your returning
>> constants loaded into the module dictionary and return some subset of
>> this to the user you're simply passing him a reference to objects that
>> already exist in the module's dictionary rather than creating a ton a
>> strings to return to the user.
>
> I was thinking that this dict/list would instead of the module
> constants, not in addition to them.  I guess this would be a
> "convenience" attribute to let the user know which of the values are
> valid for that Ipo type.  Good idea.

I'll update the wiki with this info also, but thought I'd poke
interested parties here (link follows):

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Ipo#Ipo_attribute_for_determining_valid_curves_.28per-Ipo_specific.29

I've run into some issues of practicality and efficiency implementing a
per-Ipo list/dict of curve constants.  It could be that I don't
understand a better way to do efficiently.  Hints and tips welcome.

Ken