[Bf-python] moving to depgraph / getting rid of displist calls

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Fri Sep 30 05:29:44 CEST 2005

Ken Hughes wrote:
> Stephen and Toni:
>
> Willian and I were talking about DAG and thinmesh tonight, and I took a
> closer look at the changes this week to Object.c (and then I briefly
> cursed you both for the comment "when we move to tp_getset, the
> individual settors will need to set the flag").  Can you two elaborate a
> little more now on what other modules need to be doing (if anything)?

After the emails with Ken I took a look at what's been done and it looks
good :). Since tagging only sets object->recalc flag, the actual update
is done by Blender's draw function, it seems much better to do as you
did, instead of passing the responsibility of calling DAG updates to the
bpython users (Ken, forget my concern about multiple calls to update DAG).

But as Ken said, it'd be great if you guys could comment a little here
about the new work.

--
Willian