[Bf-python] RVKs

antont at kyperjokki.fi antont at kyperjokki.fi
Thu Sep 22 18:03:50 CEST 2005

just a short note, (to get this out of my mind)

was looking a bit into how to work with RVKs from Python, and found out about
the existing NMesh.insertKey, with the note 'Warning: This and removeAllKeys
were included in this release only to make accessing vertex keys possible,
but may not be a proper solution and may be substituted by something better
later.'

.. with <stivs> we figured that that time might be now, but after a little
talk with Ton it became clear that it's better to wait a while. he's still
pondering what to do with all the different animation things there are ..
rewriting NLA being the next in todo i think, and he might put RVKs to
Actions or something .. we'll see. in that case it would not really make
sense to have NLA in the Armature module (did it ever?), and i guess the
whole NLA will deserve consideration (a new top-level module?)

getting RVK/slider access to Python is not urgent for Orange, so that can well
wait. just got a enthusiastic about it for other reasons ;)

dunno how relevant those things will be for you, nor what exactly we will
need, but time will tell .. and there still is some :)

~Toni