[Bf-python] Thinmesh module, v1.1

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Wed Sep 21 06:49:53 CEST 2005

Hi Ken,

Ken Hughes wrote:
> The first experimental version of the BPy Thinmesh module is available
> here:
>
> http://www1.pacific.edu/~khughes/blender/thinmesh/v1.1

Looking great, congratulations :).

I read all the files and tomorrow will compile it and play a little,
then email you any suggestions. If Stephen doesn't mind, I'll help with
this one, since he's already handling your other patches.

About other things being discussed, the first thing should be to get a
very simple interface for the Python side, handling verts, faces, edges
like usual sequences. Internally, wrappers should only be created for
what's needed, for that we have the seq methods; iterators might be
useful, too.

I'll try to get this in Blender itself soon, so more users and
interested Blender coders can start playing / testing and making
suggestions.

About Mesh or EMesh, better start with mesh like Ken did. Later we can
consider the need for an EMesh module, too.

And about your question, Ken (mesh.verts, etc. a list, etc. or new seq
type), we need to preserve memory, so it'll end up being a sort of
tailored seq type, with its own seq methods, like you're doing.

--
Willian