[Bf-python] data corruption

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Thu Nov 17 13:51:36 CET 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 13:26, Michael Schardt wrote:
> Here's a way to reproduce the error:
> - Create a cube and make sure it's selected
> - Press shift-F4 and go to the object list: you'll see that the object
> 'cube' has 1 user - Exit the databrowser

confirmed with current cvs - the count went first down to zero, and with next
run to -1 even!

> I can't tell whether it's a python problem though - if others have this
> even without running any python scripts (?) ...

the code seems to do stuff like this:
blen_object->object = G.scene->basact->object;
PyList_Append( list, ( PyObject * ) blen_object );
Py_DECREF( blen_object );

.. well that seems to be the same in the versions from 2 months ago too, i
could not find any changes here in the recent commits

this is pretty serious, we are also using Object.GetSelected() in production
here at orange where use current cvs, so i hope we find the issue soon (but
lunch now first)

> - Michael Schardt

~Toni